Self Portrait in coloured pencil

Sunday 3 May 2015

A Tiger Enjoying Water

Swimming Tiger 


Here is another of my pen and ink drawings with coloured pencil background. 
I was supposed to be concentrating on pen and ink drawings of horses, but I had already started on this drawing of a tiger and I couldn't resist finishing it. 
I am still learning how to do pen and inks in the 6 x 4 inch format. I have probably got too much colour in the background here. 
I use an eraser to soften the pen marks. It can make them lighter and/or thinner and makes the drawing more subtle. Here I let the drawing dry too long and I couldn't delete the excess ink. 
I know I am telling you all too much about what is wrong with this drawing. I should pretend that it is exactly how I planned. But that is not my character. 
The original does look much better than this scan. Scans exaggerate the black pen marks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You will need to Preview before it will Publish